MicroSense, LLC is a global leader in the field of precision measurement and metrology systems for Semiconductor, Data Storage, Solar, Automotive, R&D and a wide range of other markets. We provide an entrepreneurial and flexible work environment, in a family-friendly, small company atmosphere.
MicroSense, LLC is poised for exciting growth in our metrology product lines. The position is located in Tempe, Arizona and offers job advancement opportunities. Position requires participation in hands-on machine building and testing, and installation at customer sites worldwide. We are looking for an experienced FSE with strong electromechanical assembly abilitys, willing to work with the engineering and manufacturing staff on a variety of projects. You will be working with an experienced team of engineers and scientists and are encouraged to take initiative in improvement of product and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble measurement machines from our entire product line, using your innate ability to monitor the quality of your own work
- Visit customer sites worldwide to install, and periodically maintain these same machines, along with those built by your colleagues - while representing MicroSense with your professional attitude and diverse skillset
- Train customers, both in-house and in the field, on machine use and maintenance
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision and ability to quickly “get things done.”
- Works well independently and in a group setting. Good people skills are a must.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally. Up to 25% travel on average, but occasionally more or less depending short-term needs. Must have a current passport.
- Willingness to work in cleanrooms is required. Excellent personal cleanliness and willingness to follow customer cleanroom protocols is a must, as is the ability to remain in a cleanroom for at least 3 hours at a time.
- Experience with field service is required. Experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints. Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet production schedules.
- Strong reasoning skills and problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on individual contributor with strong skillset in mechanical and electronic assembly, and experience with complicated systems.
- Must be able to interpret electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, BOMs. Ability to work directly with 3D Solidworks models is a plus.
- Must be able to build prototypes from preliminary drawings and schematics.
- Good computer skills and organizational skills are needed.
- Must understand basic electronics.
- Must be able to use meters, electronic calipers.
- Must be willing to learn, correct and improve documentation (BoMs, drawings, assembly procedures) as needed.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent sitting, standing and/or walking.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and accurately is a must.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree (AA) in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology (BET); five years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- combined FSE and assembly: 5 years
Required work authorization: