Note: This position will require extensive travel to Vista, CA and Austin, TX for 4-6 months prior to our Atlanta location opening in Q1 2024. You will be traveling to our 2 existing locations to work alongside our production leadership team in order to build a solid foundation of our business and production operations prior to opening our doors in Atlanta, GA.
Are you looking for a career accelerating management opportunity at a fast growing startup? Think you have what it takes to lead a production team and take it to the next level? How about removing hundreds of millions of single use plastics from the beverage space? Then you have found the right job!
Canworks is one of the first companies in the world to digitally print artwork directly onto aluminum cans. This gives breweries and other beverage companies the ability to purchase the most beautiful printed cans on the market in much smaller quantities. Since our Austin, TX launch in August 2021 we have grown rapidly (Vista, CA in Nov 2022 and Atlanta in Q1 2024) and are now working with some of the most recognizable beverage brands in the U.S. We are continuing to expand and looking to hire our first Atlanta Plant Manager to lead and develop our newest location in the US. We are a company that is built upon collaboration, inclusivity, personal growth and having fun.
Benefits include salary, employee equity program, health insurance, 401k matching, paid time off, and plenty of free beer.
Total Compensation: $100k-$150k
In this role, you will be responsible for running all functions of the Canworks Atlanta Location. You will effectively own all aspects of production, location management, people management, and will be expected to build and grow a successful operation.
Hire and build a successful production team
- Hiring team of highly motivated individuals for all Atlanta based roles
- Manage and develop team effectively effective establish standards, set clear expectations, and continue fostering an environment of high efficiency and work ethic.
- Perform all functions of an experienced people manager including coaching and firing as necessary
Oversee all production of products from start to finish
- Working closely with the design and sales department to ensure file management and production planning are accurate and adequately prepared for each shift
- Quality assurance of products leaving the warehouse
- Monitor and maintain printing operations equipment to remain in good working condition
- Monitor troubleshooting and repairs for equipment failure and errors alongside established Technical Team
- Monitor and manage all data collection from the team
Effectively manage Print Production team to ensure a positive, productive, and effective work environment
- Communicate with the team on a regular basis through email, one-on-one meetings, and in person during shifts
- Monitor printing efficiency and customer satisfaction, communicating with the team any necessary improvements
- Manage schedules and shift organization ensuring coverage to meet our operations goals
- Approve & manage timecards to ensure the team is accurately compensated for their hours worked
Maintain lines of communication with leadership, to keep everyone accurately informed on the status of print operations
- Communicate metrics, downtime issues, personnel matters, and maintenance/warehouse projects to keep all members of the leadership team informed, ensuring productive planning across the organization
Manage warehouse operations for overall safety, inventory management, and a productive work environment
- Maintain that warehouse is clean and clear of hazards for employees, guests, and vendors
- Ensure all OSHA standards are met and followed for the safety of everyone in the warehouse
- Manage inventory systems for tools, PPE, and production materials
Be prepared to demonstrate and/or provide:
- 3+ years in a management role at a young, high-growth company with demonstrable results
- You are highly analytical and detail oriented
- Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and Google Suite proficiency required
- References from prior employers and subordinates
- Previous experience managing a production team, but not mandatory
- Proof of education, bachelors required
- We are a young company, this will be fast-paced hard work but very rewarding
- This is a role that may require some travel
Canworks is a young company that is growing rapidly. We have aspirations for larger growth. We want someone that has fully bought into our vision, is committed to doing things the right way and loves to have fun! If this sounds like you, shoot us a note with your resume, cover letter and anything else you think would make you stand out amongst the crowd. Cheers!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Management: 4 years (Required)
- working with highly technical machines/equipment: 2 years (Required)
- hiring and firing employees: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person