Continental-Aero of Alsip, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. The qualified individual will oversee our warehouse operations from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday. The Warehouse Supervisor will report directly to the Warehouse Manager
Continental-Aero is a part of the Tramec LLC family, which has facilities located throughout the United States. Along with competitive pay, our benefits include medical & RX, dental, vision, company matching 401(k), paid vacation, 10 paid holiday's, internal training opportunities using our Tramec LEAD platform, external tuition reimbursement opportunities, plus much more!
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing the distribution operations and functions engaged in storing or distributing materials or products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs and manages the overall planning, supervision and continuous improvement of shipping, receiving, warehouse and inventory control areas, as well as material within warehouses.
- Train and direct personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding distribution process and procedures.
- Direct distribution operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments on inbound or outbound operations, issues, materials, etc.
- Shares in the accountability of inventory accuracy and all inventory levels (raw materials, work in process and finished goods) required to balance customer order fill with Working Capital requirements.
- Analyzes all aspects of distribution to determine the most cost-effective or efficient.
- Responsible for working in accordance with our documented Quality System and for ensuring that products and services meet the customer's specified requirements.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- May be required by management to perform other reasonable work related tasks.
- May be required to work different shifts, hours, overtime and weekends if needed.
Associates degree or equivalent work experience required. Must have minimum of 2 years progressive warehouse work experience to include supervisory experience. Working knowledge and experience with ERP systems, bar coding systems, and wireless device experience strongly preferred. Effective leadership abilities and team building skills required. Must be detail oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities.
Lifting-up to 50 lbs.