Who We Are
Our business is supercomputing. We’ve been developing, building and supporting highly advanced computing solutions for the world’s most complex science, engineering and analytics challenges since 1976. We pride ourselves on understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s. Cray is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide highly visible on-site customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex Cray equipment and systems. You will provides both hardware and software technical support and maintenance for Cray’s massively parallel computer systems and Lustre-based storage systems. You should be able to work independently within a small, collaborative team.
· Provides pre-sale and/or post-sale support of company products/systems
· Provides technical support for presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
· Answers customer inquiries concerning system software, hardware and applications
· Provides software development and consultation to prospective users
· Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment and software
· Instructs customers in system operation and maintenance
· Provides both remote and on-site responses to calls for assistance and service
· Responsible for utilizing and managing maintenance software and diagnostics tools.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field/discipline
· Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security
· Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users desired
· Familiarity with Lustre (or other High Performance Parallel File Systems) is desired
· Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.) require
· Ability to gather data, perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support
· Knowledge of and experience in maintaining system hardware and software, utilizing diagnostic tools and debugging tools for problem isolation, to include performing software builds, software upgrades, patch installation and hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.) as needed
· Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Good interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
· Rotation of on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 coverage
· Occasional travel for training or to help support remote systems is required
· Ability to lift up to 35 lbs overhead
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.