The Executive Assistant to the CIO Organization aids the executive by handling a wide variety of matters involving the administrative functions of the office in order to relieve the executive to handle executive level responsibilities. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management of CIO’s calendar.
- Answer incoming calls and screen for CIO.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Schedule and organize meetings, travel, conferences, and departmental activities.
- Provide administrative support for CIO organization.
- Compile and maintain corporate documents, i.e. agendas, meeting minutes.
- Handle preparation for meetings including coordination of information dissemination, taking and publishing of minutes, presentation materials.
- Act as a project lead for special projects assigned by the CIO which will include planning, coordination and project delivery.
- Assist with budget preparation and actual vs budget monthly reviews.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, review invoices, validate against budget, code to appropriate cost center and prepare for CIO signature.
- Perform other duties as assigned by CIO or related to department.
Qualification and Requirements Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field preferred
- Five or more years’ experience of C-Level Executive Support as an Executive Assistant
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation (Microsoft Office product suite)
- Demonstrates high professional ability to handle sensitive situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and executives.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Ability to establish priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to interact and communicate well with all levels and departments of the organization
The Executive Assistant to the CIO Organization is required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands, and to have appropriate vision to see up close and at a distance with ability to adjust vision and focus. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 15 pounds.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform each duty proficiently with or without a reasonable accommodation for an identified disability. In addition incumbents must meet safety and attendance requirements. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, or any
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Executive Assistant: 5 years
Required work authorization: