Welcome to Sherwin-Williams
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. Sherwin-Williams supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
This position is accountable for assisting in the planning and organizing of the examinations and evaluations of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization's IT applications and related infrastructure for all domestic and international company operations. This position will work report directly to the Corporate IT Audit Manager and assist in the decision making throughout the annual SOX compliance work and other Audit engagements. Additionally, this position will work very closely with our external auditors throughout the entire annual SOX engagement as well. Furthermore, this individual will be responsible enhancing the relationship with the external auditors and driving efficiencies within the external audit process / SOX compliance program. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining productive working relationships with company personnel, assessing audit clients' satisfaction, and proactively maintaining contact with the audit client throughout the year.
This position is responsible for suggesting and implementing improvements to the Corporate IT Audit process. Improvements should focus on key IT risks, emerging technology risks, and provide value to the organization. The ability to provide assurance of quality audits and reports to meet audit standards, demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills, develop action plans that include measurable achievements, update IT audit plans frequently, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels of management is critical to the success of this position.
CORE RESPONSBILITIES AND TASKS
Execute annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program
- Stay up to date on current guidance and methodologies and implement best practices to streamline approach to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Assist with the completion and review of ITGC and business process walkthroughs
- Test and review ITGCs and application controls within key financial business processes
- Coordinate and collaborate with external auditors and management to resolve identified issues
- Implement best practices to streamline approach to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Manage the completion of risk remediation and risk mitigation efforts around identified issues
- Develop a solid understanding of SW’s divisions and in-scope IT applications in order to continuously identify opportunities for compliance improvement
Plan and execute international and domestic audits of Sherwin-Williams Plants, Distribution Centers and Enterprise-wide business processes
- Complete site IT risk assessment and audit program
- Review work performed by subordinates and provide feedback
- Work with Management to understand application systems, business processes, resolve issues and communicate findings
- Conduct exit conference with local and corporate management
- Assist with the drafting of final reports to management
- Obtain understanding around all components of system conversions to perform accurate SDLC assessments (i.e., data conversions, key control mapping, testing phases (i.e., SIT, FUT, UAT, etc.), security design requirements, etc.).
Manage, train and develop IT Auditors
- Supervise daily work of Internal Auditors
- Develop Internal Auditors through coaching and mentoring
- Develop team through effectively delegating audit tasks and providing guidance/learning opportunities
- Provide performance feedback, training and performance reviews for team
- Supervise, train, and mentor Internal Auditors on audit processes and assess performance of staff for bi-annual reviews
- Manage field work, inform supervisors of the audit engagement status and manage staff performance
- Meet with IT Directors on a regulara basis to stay informed of current projects, future projects, and to address management’s concerns
- Provide input and participate in annual Risk Assessment
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed
Personal Career Development
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with company personnel, assess audit clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year
- Use technology and resources to continually learn/share knowledge with team
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications including CISA, CIA, or CISSP is preferred
- 4 years of prior work experience in IT and/or audit from Big 4 Firm or similar public company is preferred
- Must have ability to travel up to 15% of time (domestic and international)
- Advanced understanding of IT Audit control testing procedures, general understanding of basic accounting principles, and manufacturing and/or retail industry experience
- Understanding of control testing, complex IT audit related projects in a team-based environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of general accounting, SOX, COSO, COBIT, or other audit framework
- Understanding of data analytic tools such as ACL, QlikView, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with the effective use of active listening and interviewing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.