Resource Specialist I - Seasonal
Texas A&M Forest Service
West Texas Programs
Proposed Minimum Salary
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
****This is a seasonal position.****
Assist in all phases of Greenhouse and Field Nursery operation production.
Education and Experience:
- Greenhouse: weed the seedling containers, water seedlings, move seedling crates as needed, maintain a clean work area. Clean greenhouse walls, sidewalks and change out water filters as needed. Will occasionally use water hose, broom brush and other tools. Will be in contact with water at some point.
- Field Nursery: weed seedling beds, aisles and other necessary areas. Watering field nursery, which includes moving pipe. "Lift" seedlings, which is harvesting the seedlings. Keep work area clean. Will occasionally use rakes, garden hoe, weed eater and other tools.
- Packing Shed: transplanting seedlings from one container to another. "Making dirt", which consists of using soil mixer, lift bags of soil into the mixer and adding water with water hose. Sow seed into seedling tubes. Package seedlings for deliveries. Prepare boxes and seedlings for both delivery and storage.
- Lath House: weed seedling containers, water seedlings, package seedlings for various projects and deliveries. Clean work area and maintain the lath area clean, especially the walk ways and fork lift driveway. Move seedlings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Some high school.
High school diploma
No prior experience required.
Outdoor/ agriculture background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Operate tractor. Pull a trailer successfully
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
Work in extreme temperatures indoor/outdoor. Lift 50 pounds, walk kneel, and bend for extended periods.
Resume and references are REQUIRED to be uploaded to application. Certifications are preferred to be uploaded to the application. Documents/certifications can be uploaded in the " My Experience " page in the " Resume/CV section. More than one document can be uploaded; just click the "Upload" button for each document. Documents can only be loaded at this time and cannot be uploaded once the application is submitted. If there are any issues uploading documents, please contact 979-458-6690
Please check your spam folder in case more information is sent in regards to this position.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.