At a certain point, experience-based system design can start to look like clairvoyance. When you’ve developed so many systems that you can not only orchestrate the best solution for any technology-based challenge, but you can also anticipate and preempt future issues, you’re a solutions architect. You’ve evolved your skills into strategy through a long path of software development accomplishments and the curiosity to understand how all of the pieces of an IT ecosystem fit together. Are you ready to use your combination of knowledge, skill, and experience to tackle the toughest challenges in the software industry?
As a solutions architect on our team, you'll translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan by crafting architecture products and design specifications. Through your leadership, we’ll help transform the way our client uses technology, including cloud migration, integrating advanced technology, and modernizing legacy systems. And, what do you do next in a career where you’ve reached this level? You mentor the next set of developers to help them grow into tomorrow’s solutions architects. As a technical leader, you’ll shape the digital solutions business and identify opportunities for growth. Join us and build the future of technology in government for the better.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 10 years of experience with IT
- Experience with modernizing systems from a legacy technology stack to a more modern technology stack
- Experience in implementing DevOps processes with tools, including Jira, Git, Bitbucket, and Confluence
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to organize and communicate technical plans to clients clearly
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 5 years of experience with complex build systems
- 5 years of experience with Java EE application servers, including Tomcat, JBoss, or WebLogic
- 5 years of experience with leading and managing junior engineers
- 3 years of experience with AWS Cloud Technology
- 3 years of experience with RedHat and CentOS Linux
- 2 years of experience with Kubernetes
- 2 years of experience with Containerization in Docker and Container orchestration and security technologies, including Kubernetes or Twistlock
- Experience with build and dependency management in Maven or Sonatype Nexus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.