Facilities Manager / Senior Manager – CLIA
We are a stealth-mode personalized cancer diagnostics and disease monitoring company. Our proprietary products have the potential to disrupt the market and hugely improve cancer medicine.
To prepare for a targeted 2024/25 product launch, we are establishing a facility in RTP to complement our Boston headquarters. Our newly leased RTP location has 14,500 sq ft and will include a sizable CLIA lab and office spaces. As the first local hire for this space, reporting to our Vice President of Lab Operations, you will make a direct impact on the future of our company.
- Assist with the buildout of a CLIA certified laboratory and office space
- Purchase office furniture and fixtures (non-lab)
- Partner with lab members on lab equipment purchases, installation, and maintenance
- Manage vendor relationships (janitorial, materials, catering, security, etc.)
- Manage all general office repairs, HVAC and tenant improvements
- Create and oversee an inventory tracking system
- Host government inspections, regulatory inspections (FDA, CLIA, CAP) and external audits
- Take accountability for physical security, including badge and visitor policies
- Develop and implement EHS policies, procedures, and training
- Be on-call after-hours for EHS and lab-related emergencies
- Manage hazardous waste output and compliance
- Partner closely with G&A, IT, and Legal
- Potential to hire and manage a direct report next year or so
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred
- 5 years of work experience in facilities for a life science, biotech, or high-throughput CLIA laboratory
- Training or certification in EH&S processes
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general building maintenance
- Familiarity with EPA, OSHA, & DOT
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours.
- Must be able to bend and twist to maintain equipment and reach supplies.
Position Type: W2, Full-time
Travel: <5% travel estimated
Salary*: Estimated$95-155K base + 15% target annual bonus. Compensation will depend on multiple factors including but not limited to education, experience, skills, level, and market demand.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person