Make a difference! Guest Safety is a fundamental priority and focus at Wachusett Mountain and this individual must be tenacious and thorough in their approach to mitigating risk, managing incidents and working effectively to remedy any situation that may arise. This person has the opportunity to set the bar for the mountain, and even the industry, when it comes to the evolution of standard operating procedures and contributing to the guest experience.
- EMT or OEC Required
- Perform trail checks, including but not limited to, unmarked obstacles, downed rope closures, bamboo, fence lines, etc.
- Perform general on-mountain safety work, including but not limited to, maintaining tower pads, bamboo, rope, race closures, traffic control, removing debris, marking hazards, etc.
- Complete all required training
- Perform end of day mountain sweeps
- Perform accurate and appropriate incident reporting
- Participate in skier education programs
- Adhere to all Wachusett Mountain and Ski Patrol policies and procedures at all times
- Report any unsafe conditions regarding equipment, work area or company property
- Supervising and promoting guest safety on varied terrain, with varying winter weather conditions
- Assisting injured guests on the mountain and administering first aid
- Transporting injured guests off the mountain using a toboggan
- Enforcement of the Responsibility Code and Resort Policies
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants must be able to complete a background check and reference checks. Wachusett Mountain is a drug free workplace.
We hire the most highly qualified people available and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Season Pass for you
- 50% off Food & Beverage
- 20% off Merchandise
Please complete a company specific application which can be found at:
Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for all team members. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V/SO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Are you an EMT or Outdoor Emergency Care certified?