Support proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and overall administration of government contracts and other transactional authorities. Ensure the proper acquisition and fulfillment of contracts in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) polices, legal requirements, and client specifications. Analyze estimates of research and development costs, including material, equipment, and production costs and review performance requirements and delivery schedules. Review documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with contractual specifications, provide recommendations to modify contract content to top client management and prepare reports advising client management of their rights and obligations. Provide support to the client contracting office to advise and assist with the execution and administration of a variety of FAR-based contracts for the supplies and services necessary to conduct client programs and projects. Assist the client with full-cycle FAR contracts administration for services and supplies, including the organization, management and administration of FAR contracts. Assist the client throughout the acquisition life cycle, including analyzing acquisition plans, market research, the development of requests for proposals or quotes, source selection plans, quality assurance surveillance plans, award documentation, and drafting of other transactions and modifications.
- 3+ years of experience as a FAR based contracting officer or contract specialist for the federal government or supporting a federal contracting office
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and DoD 5000 series regulations and laws, executive orders, statutes, policies, and principles of acquisition planning
- Ability to work effectively with program managers, project officers, and technical subject matter experts analyzing requirements documents and developing work statements
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with FAR-based contracts, including source selection and administration
- Experience with analyzing proposed costs, including such aspects as evaluating technical and audit reports, forecasting price trends, and evaluating economic factors, evaluating methods of allocating cost through various types of overhead, and general and administrative expense
- Experience in assisting government contract officers with the development of contract files and documentation
- Ability to negotiate, award, or administer FAR-based contracts and develop, prepare, and present terms and conditions in requirements for the award of FAR-based contracts
- Ability to draft documents to support the government contracts officer to complete their cost analysis, including performing detailed analysis of all elements of cost in pro
- Possession of excellent customer responsiveness, adaptability, and flexibility skills
- Possession of excellent resilience skills in the face of challenges or obstacles
- Public Trust clearance
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management preferred; MA or MS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management a plus
- DAWIA or FAC Certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.