What You Will Do
Cisco seeks an Executive Administrative Professional to provide support for our product management team.
- Calendar Management: Managing Director's calendar and daily schedule to include prioritizing conflicting meeting requests, tracking action items and commitments of executive and following-up to ensure completion. This will require extraordinary organization skills, juggling multiple priorities and keeping a busy director on track and on schedule.
- Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Handling a running list of engagements and working closely with the team to ensure content needs are understood and set in motion so the director is prepared for each engagement.
- Meeting Planning and organizations: Assisting Director in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for crafting the agenda, location, accommodating technology requirements based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list.
- Confidentiality: You will deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
In addition to general administrative duties of an Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Specifically, the critical behaviors of this role are:
Who You'll Work With
- To be self-motivated and proactive around needs of the director and the Organization
- To be able to work with limited direction and have a take-charge attitude
- Use tact, diplomacy and a practical knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures
- Responsiveness to all levels of inquiry
- Challenge ‘the way we’ve always done it’ and provide a deeper more innovative way of doing things
- Keep the big picture in mind when making independent decisions that affect the director's calendar
- Have the ability to exercise critical and independent judgment when it comes to the director's calendar and time
- To be organized and efficient with their own time
- To be able to think creatively and calmly when it comes to unplanned changes in schedule
- To earn administrative community respect and have the ability to work with and through others as needed
The Assistant will work directly with those on their team to help ensure the success of the director and their team. You will also be the point of contact for all internal and external requests allowing you to connect with many from in and outside the Cisco organization.
Who You Are
You have a real passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. You have strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, forward-thinking, collaborative decision-making, utmost integrity, and trust, as well as bringing balance to both strategic and tactical actions. You will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and also be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This role may also offer the ability to take on growing levels of executive support and gain exposure to many aspects of our business.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; past work experience in the high-tech industry.
- 1-4 years experience providing administrative support
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrable experience drafting internal and external communications
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Detail oriented.
- Daily presence in the San Jose Cisco office.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco