Position DefinitionHousekeeps and performs cleaning of all guest rooms, cabins and common areas. Making sure all rooms, cabins and common areas are kept clean and well maintained to company standards. This job requires working long hours and weekends when needed and required. Perform work according to standard operating procedures and by building's operational schedule.
- Clean corridors, lobby, stairways, public bathrooms as well as guest rooms
- Work from an organized schedule to clean ALL ROOMS THOROUGHLY
- Distribute linen, towels and room supplies using wheeled carts or by hand
- Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, Etc.…
- Replace dirty linens w/clean, storing all dirty linen in line w/company policy
- Inspect and turn mattresses regularly
- Store all dirty laundry in line with company policy
- Check all appliances in rooms are in working order
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
- Respond to guest queries and requests
- Respond to calls for housekeeping problems such as spills, Etc.
- Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- Organize and restock cart at the end of the shift
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Follow all company safety and security procedures
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Observe and report damage of property
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral and/or written instructions. Ability to relate to Management, staff and public in a courteous manner. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Ability to work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour