Yes, 10 % of the Time
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Description - External
This role will sit within the Global MI and Data Analytics team in IA and be responsible for supporting the development and provision of data analysis and insight-driven reporting to the IA function and business stakeholders across Citi. Specifically, the role holder will support Global, Group-wide reporting initiatives, including reporting to senior internal and external stakeholders and supporting function-wide MI projects, supporting the Citi Chief Auditor.
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi IA is a global function with approximately 1,800 staff based in 60 plus countries. The IA function provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee (AC) Reporting: Supporting the production of the following quarterly reports to the ACs:
1. Control Environment and Audit Activity Report - Responsibilities include:
2. IA Operational Activity Report:
- SharePoint maintenance/enhancements to support the Risk Governance Framework (RGF) process, specifically collation of IA’s control environment assessments by Country, Legal Entity, Region, Business Unit and Product.
- Assisting IA (including Heads of Audit (HoAs) and Chief Audit Executives (CAEs) and relevant data champions) with questions regarding the RGF process.
- Subsidiary Audit Committee (SAC) Attestations: Liaising with IA’s Executive Management Team (EMT) to obtain
quarterly attestations that relevant items have been appropriately escalated to the ACs.
- Operational MI: Preparation of the Assurance plan updates including relevant KPIs for: Risk-based audit plan delivery; issue validation; and governance reporting.
- Chief Auditor Scorecards and Must Win Battles (MWBs): Ownership of the monthly Scorecard and MWB reporting for the Citigroup CA and EMT members. Responsibilities include calculation of month-end metrics, and liaising with the wider
IA Operations team to collate additional metrics where required. In addition, working with the central Finance Scorecard team to submit results and advise of any changes to metrics / IA structure, while being the first point of contact for any questions.
- Governance Reporting: Manage the tracking of governance committees globally, while providing a central repository for all reporting, and managing the reporting needs for IA to track and manage their governance commitments. Includes SharePoint maintenance/enhancements to support IA’s Governance reporting requirements to Countries, Legal Entities, Regions, Business Units, Products and Functions; and liaising with HoAs and CAEs to advise on their responsibilities in relation to Governance reporting and tracking delivery against planned quarterly requirements.
- Control Environment Reports: Provision of the ‘Key Messages’ within the monthly reports, which provide an update to senior Citi stakeholders (including the Group Executive Committee) in relation to IA’s Audit Activity and key Control Environment Performance Metrics/Assessments.
- Regulatory MI: BAU (monthly and quarterly) and adhoc reporting to regulators including the OCC, FRB, FDIC and CFPB. Responsibilities include ownership of a monthly FRB Dashboard update report; and input in to quarterly update reports to the CFPB (Audit Coverage and Regulatory Issue Status); and the FRB, OCC and FDIC (IA’s control environment assessments; key control environment metrics; and operational MI activity).
- Internal Audit MI Intranet: Day to day maintenance/updates and enhances to the site, to ensure it is always up to date and remains a useful tool for the IA function.
- Adhoc Reporting: Supporting the provision of adhoc data analytics and reports for both internal (e.g. Citigroup Chief Auditor (CA), Citibank CA, Quality Assurance CA, and IA Chief Operating Officer) and external stakeholders (Group Executive Committee, Regulators).
- IA Initiatives: Proactively manage and support IA initiatives as they relate to data analytics and MIS.
Qualifications - External
- Prior experience in the financial services industry or Internal Audit is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in delivering time sensitive, accurate data analytics and reporting to a variety of senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding and experience in the provision of MIS and related best practices for the provision of high quality MIS.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills to support Senior Management and Board level reporting.
- High proficiency across the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High proficiency in SharePoint.
- Additional technical skills which are advantageous but not essential: SQL and VBA knowledge.
- Experience in using mainstream Business Intelligence tools would be an advantage (for example: MicroStrategy,
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to collaborate across the function on data. validation and MI reporting deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure, and deliver timely, accurate, insightful analysis.
- Ability to conceptualize the business requirement and deliver innovative solutions.