Come grow with us! New location opens late summer at 8310 Castleton Corners Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46250.
This position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the store’s inventory.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of inventory control experience in a “big box” retail company or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Demonstrated point of sale analysis and reporting experience.
- Business analysis experience is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company’s safe lifting practices standard operating procedures.
- Follow the daily cycle count and category review calendar.
- Research all inventory-related discrepancies and make appropriate adjustments in the inventory system.
- Review shipping and receiving documents for accuracy.
- Bring to the attention of the department managers immediately any discrepancies noticed in tagging or SKUing of merchandise.
- Audit the BFR daily in accordance with the Inventory Control SOP.
- Audit incoming and outgoing trucks randomly.
- Audit the SOR process in accordance with the Return of Sale SOP.
- Audit the SRR process in accordance with the Return of Sale SOP for Voids and Partial voids.
- Audit the RTV process to ensure RTV’s are being processed per SOP.
- Audit to ensure the security of the facility by notifying management of any issues.
- Audit the customer merchandise storage area weekly in accordance with the Customer Storage SOP and timely resolve any issues with the CEM and Operations Manager.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager during any physical inventory period.
- Ensure that the “Sample” tape is applied to all wood boxes that have been written off to “Sam”. If not, notify the department manager to immediately address.
- Run the OSDR Report for DMG, RTV, VA, DIS, WO, CHR, PRV, USE, LF, STL, WEB and SAM monthly to ensure correct movement of merchandise was done and correct any discrepancies. Document report of findings/corrections, submit to the Operations manager for review, both initial and archive monthly in the cycle count drawer.
- Check a minimum of 10 customer receipts daily and randomly. Either “Pickup” and or “Take With” Tickets. Any discrepancies adjust immediately and notify CEM/Operations Manager of mistake(s).
- Communicate to Store Management Team the discrepancies found in the day’s CCYL and propose solutions to fix the issues which may have caused and or potential may cause shrink via e-mail. Failure to fix the outstanding issues upon your follow-up, you will need to notify the CEM/Operations manager immediately.
- Maintain all cycle count paperwork per SOP.
- Follow-up to ensure that all changes were implemented.
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Inventory Control: 1 year