Supports SBU Leader, Project Executives, Project Managers and Project Teams with day-to-day administrative duties relative to managing customer jobs including but not limited to job set-up/close-out, entitlement, commitments, compliance, billings, payables, financial analysis, tax and legal matters. Responsible for reporting and proper processing of assigned jobs within Viewpoint (ERP system) throughout life of job. This position will be located on a job site full time in Orange County, NY.
- Knows and understands safety policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to correct unsafe actions or situations.
- Manage and maintain all record keeping and financial aspects of job. Set up job in Viewpoint including tax status, contract value, job phases, schedule of values, change orders, etc. Create owner billings, gather/review certified payrolls. Follow-up on outstanding receivables/client payments. Collect and review subcontractor billings for AP entry. Coordinate job close-out documents.
- Review Owner Contract. Determine bond and insurance requirements. Order same. Review Owner Contract for subcontractor bond and insurance requirements. Track Subcontractor compliance. Determine if there is special language that must be included in subcontracts (i.e., Affirmative Action Clause).
- Knowledge and understanding of performance and labor bonds, material payment bonds, or Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI). Review LeChase’s and subcontractor’s bonds for accuracy. Submit required subcontractor performance and payment bonds to our bonding agent to review for authenticity and accuracy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various types of insurance coverage LeChase is required to submit for our projects. Understands our insurance requirements for subcontractors and tracks compliance.
- Issue and manage job commitments including subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders. Manage related compliance and resolve outstanding issues. Review executed Subcontracts and Purchase Orders for modifications to terms and conditions. Prepare modification form for review and approval of modifications per Delegation Matrix. Prepare Addendum to confirm what modifications are accepted. Review subcontractor requisitions and resolve discrepancies/errors.
- Identify and rectify items necessary to close out job. Perform various financial analyses and prepare various reports on an as needed basis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve job related accounts payable issues including follow up with subcontractors on erroneous applications, outstanding PM approvals, outstanding compliance and missing paperwork. Manage retainage reduction/release.
- Serve as liaison to owners, subcontractors, vendors, corporate office and project teams. Perform expediting tasks.
- Manage job related liens/waivers and assist legal department with levies and other legal matters when necessary. Coordinate vendor/subcontract hold/releases as needed. Take lead in job specific audits as needed.
- Technology, Equipment, Tools:
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Products, AIA and Viewpoint software
- Ability to use business machines such as personal computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, facsimilie and phone
- Mental Activity:
- Language skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors and customers.
- Mathematical skills – Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and ratios. Ability to analyze variances.
- Reasoning ability – Ability to solve practical problems/troubleshoot and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions within standard practice. (Cannot change practices or policies; can make decisions within those practices and policies).
- Physical Activity:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Ability to travel locally for business meetings/functions including occasional overnight travel as job requires.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in Business/Accounting/Administration with two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skills/Competencies Requirements:
- Possess business acumen, inquisitiveness
- Possess a Notary License
- Ability to:
- Think Critically
- Be Accurate
- Take Initiative/Follow Through
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 2 years (Preferred)