The ScottCare Corporation is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to add to our growing team! ScottCare is a leader in non-invasive cardiology diagnosis, rehabilitation and therapy. Since 1989, ScottCare has manufactured high quality telemetry and remote monitoring medical devices for hospitals and physician practices. ScottCare offers the most versatile and powerful systems on the market in addition to providing industry-recognized levels of service to support client's evolving needs. We are the market leader in cardiac rehabilitation telemetry and provide the industry's only single-platform solution for cardiovascular diagnostic monitoring and cardiac rhythm device management. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, ScottCare is a division of the Scott Fetzer Company (a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway).
As part of the ScottCare team in the Technical Support Specialist role, you will assist our customers with phone and web based technical support and troubleshooting for PC related hardware and software issues. You will be the subject matter expert concerning ScottCare products and software and be able to offer technical and operational guidance as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with ScottCare customers, which will include, physicians, other clinic or hospital personnel, IT personnel, any other possible end users of our products and services
- Identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems with ScottCare products and software in a timely manner
- Responding to telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support
- Provide phone or web based support and be comfortable on the phone as well as in a chat window
- Appropriately document and process complaint handling per FDA guidelines
- Performs any and all tasks within his/her capabilities as may be required to help meet overall corporate objectives and customer service goals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and able to work in a team environment
- Any other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Exercise Physiology, or Computer Science desired but not required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and networking.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
- Experience with documenting procedures and complaints.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
Technical Support Specialist will be walking, standing, twisting, bending, squatting, climbing, and kneeling intermittently, and sitting continuously daily. They will be required to reach at or work below shoulder level. The Technical Support Specialist must be able to lift and move up to 5 lbs.
The Technical Support Specialist works primarily indoors where temperatures fluctuate, and the noise level is typically moderate.