Counter Sales – Job Description
Function: Handles all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers by providing prompt and efficient service to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities: Includes continuous ongoing projects in development of the department and cross training as well as the following:
- Exhibit a positive, friendly & helpful attitude with customers and be sensitive to their needs.
- Determine merchandise required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Select appropriate merchandise from stock.
- Receive payment or obtain credit information.
- Properly prepare merchandise for customer transportation.
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive manner.
Backup Inside Sales desk. Assist and resolve customer complaints.
- Keeps abreast of new product information and upcoming product promotions.
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Essential customer service and communication skills
- Product and application knowledge, including ability to read manufacturer catalogs.
- PC / proprietary proficiency for data entry and utilization of business application software including web browsers & internet search engines.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (discounts vs. markup, customer pricing, etc).
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year experience in Distribution.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions in English.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Physical demands of the job
- All State/local requirements met for conditions of Hire
> No Weekends unless specified
> Great work/life balance
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: