Title: Growth Account Sales Manager - US
Reports To: Head of Sales
BioCentury, a global business intelligence company serving the biopharmaceutical industry, is seeking a Growth Account Manager to expand our business in the eastern U.S.
The Growth Account Manager will be charged with building new account business for BioCentury’s subscription platform of business analysis and data products, with a focus on the eastern U.S.
This sales role is accountable for meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual subscription sales targets so that BioCentury achieves sustainable, profitable growth.
- Achieve/exceed sales targets by selling into new accounts and significantly growing BioCentury’s market share
- Create account plans for target accounts, including contacts by department, strategy for account acquisition and growth, objectives and implementation schedule
- Own the flow of opportunities from lead channels including events, web leads, inbound phone leads and referrals in your territory
- Cultivate prospective lists of accounts who have been identified as targets; maintain telephone/online and in-person meeting volumes as defined by sales management
- Cultivate and grow BioCentury’s network of senior managers within the target customer audience
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of BioCentury’s products; understand key customer personas; maintain understanding of critical industry issues and their relevance to the customer
- Understand competitor products and services and BioCentury’s positioning
- Proactively communicate customer feedback and customer intelligence to internal stakeholders (Product Management & Marketing, Editorial, Finance) and partner with these internal groups to maximize sales opportunities
- Use best practices to maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes; maintain sales activity and update customer data within our CRM system
- Travel to customer sites and industry events as required by sales management
- Minimum of 5 years’ of demonstrated success selling B2B information services directly to senior levels of management across the client enterprise
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal, written, and interpersonal presentation
- Ability to represent and speak for the Company in client settings
- Operational experience using CRM tools
- Ability to operate effectively from remote locations is a must
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the biopharmaceutical drug development business and its key drivers is highly desirable
This is a full-time position located in the U.S. The Company’s main office is in Redwood City, Calif., but working from a home office in our eastern U.S. market is possible.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
For 27 years, BioCentury has helped C-level biotech executives make business-critical decisions by providing independent deep-dive analysis, high-quality data, and business intelligence on a global scale. We report on and dissect trends before others, helping to better position our customers for change and to capitalize on that change before the competition. No matter where our customers are in the drug development process — from idea to patient — we help answer critical questions, decipher strategic trends, objectively evaluate product and business strategies, and assess competitive, financial, and policy risks.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- account management: 5 years (Preferred)