The St. Louis Symphony is offering several excellent part-time Usher opportunities as part of our Patron Services department. Our Ushers are a vital part of the Symphony patron experience and require outstanding customer service skills. Responsibilities consist of providing excellent customer service to all patrons inside the auditorium including distributing programs, providing basic information about the facilities, assisting patrons with disabilities, enforcing Symphony policy inside the hall, and overseeing the general safety of patrons.
Applicants must be available to work Friday/Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Typical shifts are 6:00 pm - 10:30pm on Friday/Saturdays and 1:00-5:30 pm on Sundays. Daytime availability during the work week also required for approximately 15 concerts during the season (Tuesday-Friday). Typical daytime shifts are 8:30am - 1:30pm. Starting pay for this position is $10.70 per hour (4 hour minimum). Ushers report to the Front of House Manager.
- Minimum 2 years customer service, retail, or other experience working with the public and/or large groups.
- Regular availability on Friday/Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons (occasional weekday night shifts may be available)
- Daytime availability during the work week required for approximately 15 concerts during the season.
- Clean criminal record (background check will be completed)
- Friendly, approachable demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts calmly and enforce the policies of the St. Louis Symphony.
- High level of dependability.
- Must be professional, presentable and personable.
- Appreciation of classical music a plus.