This is a fast-paced, challenging position, where high performance and quick action is expected supporting the RMS Site Manager, program managers and all staff for the Air Mobility Training team in Marietta.
- Provide support for business operations including: coordinate, compile and prepare internal business reviews, documentation and reports; compile and edit weekly and monthly status reports and IOIs.
- Calendar management, conference room reservations.
- Ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff members as needed.
- Experience using SAP P2P to create purchase requisition, order/maintain office supply inventory, Pcard purchases, event card, travel card and reconciliations.
- Perform additional special assignments as required in support of the program staff.
- Support RMS internal/external customers by setting up and coordinating visit requests via LM Security, interface with customers during visits and meetings. Assist visitor with maps, directions, hotel accommodations, local amenities, and internal resources and provide visitors with local instructions and resource requirements. Plan and arrange customer visits, setup of meetings, and coordination of visit requests with LM Security
- Prioritize, plan, and organize team events and execution of employee morale, employee events, community engagement / volunteer events such as group outings, luncheons, All-Hands-Meetings (monthly) etc.
- New employee onboarding, complete I9, order computer, setup desk, phone, etc. Maintain recall roster, computer asset tracking, fire drill and other misc. rosters
- 2 years current administrative assistant experience.
- Professional demeanor; ability to work independently with little direction
- Experience using Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience using SAP P2P, create purchase requisitions, and order office supplies.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening).
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Must be highly organized and possess ability to interact with all levels of management and external organizations.
- Must have the ability and willingness to support and meet tight deadlines, while staying focused on policies and procedures are critical.
- Strong team interaction and able to work independently, with proven ability to multi-task and drive closure in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate should be able to determine priorities of non-routine situations and will participate and lead miscellaneous projects and/or initiatives as needed, including support for department staff.
- Ability to manage leader's emails and calendar
- Records retention via Iron Mountain a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Travel tools such as Concur; reservations and expense reconciliation
- Teamwork Skills
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate job duties for effective prioritization and recommend solutions for improving office efficiency
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.