Job Posting Description:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, creative and innovative graduate intern in Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) to join our Boston Research group. Our modeling team replies very much on understanding quantitative relationships that define disease biology, disease progression and drug mechanisms and dynamics. The intern will work with Vertex scientists to enable the development of quantitative systems pharmacology modeling in rare diseases. Example problems include building systems pharmacology models to address drug discovery and development questions, evaluating in vitro biological systems using modeling, and developing data science approaches to extract insights from preclinical data
- Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in one of the following areas:
o Pharmaceutical sciences, applied mathematics, engineering, or computational biology.
- Good knowledge and experience in systems biology or quantitative systems pharmacology, and ODE-based models.
- Hands on experience with Matlab, R, Python or other programming language.
- Basic knowledge of the science of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion).
- Graduate students (preferably PhD )
Ability to integrate, analyze and interpret results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in presenting quantitative analysis.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting expected deadlines.