Apply nowJob no:
Part Time Hourly
General purpose and scope of the position:
This position is a part-time position that is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the industrial technology lab space.
• Maintain and repair lab equipment (trainers, robots, 3D printers, machine tools, welders, programmable controllers, etc.).
- Assist with the setup and installation of new lab equipment.
- Communicate as needed with technical support personnel for suppliers of lab equipment to facilitate the setup, installation, maintenance, and repair of this equipment.
- Work with other Ivy Tech personnel to ensure a safe lab environment.
- Organize and maintain technical documentation associated with lab equipment.
- Maintain and implement a scheduled preventive maintenance program for lab equipment.
Work with lab instructors to enable students to perform preventive maintenance tasks when that task furthers the education of the student.
- Maintain an inventory of common spare parts and supplies for lab equipment (batteries, fuses, lubricants, coolant, 3D printer material, etc.).
- Operate fork lifts, loaders, and lifting equipment for routine movement and re-positioning of lab equipment.
- Drive a college vehicle as needed to perform other job duties.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties may be required.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs., follow directions, work in a safe manner. Ability to present professional image and respond in a mature manner and provide quality assistance to our students. Strong communication skills and the willingness to learn/adapt.