It is the expectation of the Logistics and Facilities manager to support the project activities performed both in the shop and in the field. They work closely with project managers and project foreman to ensure projects are equipped with the required resources, whether that be tooling, materials, or support labor.
The material handling manager ensures we keep an organized and properly maintained stock of tooling and materials. It is their responsibility to ensure accuracy of inventory, the tracking of tools, and management of these resources. They work close with purchasing and/or shop foreman to schedule deliveries and pickups as needed.
It is also expected that this person manages facilities upkeep and the fleet. Keeping the facility and fleet in operable and presentable condition.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage inventory / shipping & receiving / logistics / facilities.
- Ensure facilities are kept cleaned, well maintained, and presentable.
- Tool tracking – ensure tooling is kept organized / tracked / and in proper condition. Maintenance is performed timely and properly to ensure utilized when needed. Keep proper documentation if required.
- Fleet Management – ensure vehicles are maintained properly, track maintenance activities and costs associated, monitor approved drivers, check in and out of drivers assigning them to the proper vehicle.
- Source maintenance of fleet as required.
- Manage job mobilization and demobilization, working with the PM to ensure done timely and effectively.
- Gang box load outs. Meet the request of the project manager to fill all tooling and consumables needs. Ensure tools not being utilized are in use prior to purchasing additional tools. Place order requisitions to complete requests as needed.
- Monitor inventory levels and procure items as needed.
- Manage the receiving department, ensuring proper documentation and record keeping.
- Inventory levels are to be kept as lean as possible, materials that come back from a project are to be separated and organized either to be returned to the vendor, scrapped, or stocked.
- Keep an organized and efficient tool and stock room. Identify over stocked items or items that do not move and efficiently and most cost effectively dispose.
- Asset tracking – ensure we have up to date records and tracking of all assets. If an asset is disposed of then accounting must be notified.
- Manage material pick up and delivery as needed, working with purchasing to set schedules and perform task in cost effective manner. Communicate with project managers of any needs when job site trips are known.
- Communicate and implement new processes to the team.
- Source and staff team, performing interviews and employee reviews as needed.
- Present budget needs in an effort to bring efficiency or future cost savings.
In addition to a competitive salary and commission structure, we offer a wide range of benefits including health insurance, medical and dental; 401(k); paid holidays, vacations and sick days; and a challenging team-based work environment where you can make a difference every day.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Required)