The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build, and protect, a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our team in Littleton, CO seeks an entry level Program Planner to support a new program within the Military Space Line of Business that will have the size and scope to offer valuable career development experiences. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment, who leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and cultivate collaboration and partnership, this is an exceptional opportunity for you begin developing your career as a Program Planner. This position will require the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
What will this role typically involve?
- You will collaborate with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working within the planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
- You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between partners
- You will assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
- You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0-3 years of professional experience.
Position is contingent upon program contract award expected by September 2019.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/ combined education
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience working in a customer focused role
- Experience compiling, preparing, and presenting information
- Must be a United States citizen
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and consent to a polygraph
- Experience with Microsoft Project, @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro
- Earned Value knowledge
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
- Demonstrated ability to use critical-thinking to solve complex problems
- Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines in a fast-paced environment
- Current Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.