- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in a senior or executive role strategy, growth, business development, product management, marketing, or innovation
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, selling, or management of a B2B product or service
- 2+ years of experience in either P&L ownership of a B2B product or service, leading GTM strategies, or Innovation
Amazon Business (AB) represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high interest for Amazon. Our customers include sole proprietors, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Do you like building relationships with external partners and launching new revenue streams? Do you understand how B2B channels and distribution works and have the business savvy and interest to launch new businesses in this space? Are you excited by disruptive Go-To-Market models, finding common ground and win-win agreements, and have the execution chops to take these plans to fruition?
AB is looking for an experienced and self-starter Leader, New B2B Business Initiative to launch and drive revenue for AB's new growth initiative. This is an exciting opportunity to own the defining and executing of the worldwide business development strategy.
Specifically, the Leader will:
- Develop Strategy: Develop new initiatives that drive growth, solve customer needs and work cross-functionally to implement them. Partners will include both external and internal stakeholders and topics can span across sales/marketing, selection/pricing, product/technology and fulfillment.
- Lead Implementation: Drive cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Product, Operations, Tech, Legal, etc.) and work with external partners to execute on defining and delivering customer-facing solutions and GTM execution to exceed objectives.
- Plans to Scale: Develop best practices to scale, foster, manage, track and measure opportunities’ success both within the US and globally.
At Amazon we Think Big and always look to Invent and Simplify for our customers. If these are your passions, love using data and customer feedback to drive your ideas, and take ownership to get things implemented across teams and departments, this role is an opportunity to leverage those skill-sets at a scale that is truly unique.
AB is only three years old organization that is built to be scrappy, innovative, and nimble. If you are looking to be at the ground level of building a new business at Amazon with teammates that will push, challenge, and partner with you in new ways; If you want to focus on big ideas and solving big problems then this role at Amazon Business is where you should be.
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a senior business development, product management, or a strategy leadership or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategic deals with external parties, including ability to dive deep and provide thoughtful analysis for complex negotiations
- Experience in launching new growth initiatives and revenue streams
- A history of success in identifying strategic focus in your organization and Go-to-Market (GTM) planning and implementations with quantifiable results
- Matrix management experience, ability to work cross-functionally and across boundaries of organization
- Demonstrated success; goal achievement in previous roles
- Is adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Ability to take ownership, serving as a centralized advocate across multiple teams to identify, prioritize and execute strategic deal opportunities
- Ability to develop and sell bold and innovative ideas into a large matrixed organization with the use of data and metrics, not PowerPoint decks.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Experience in B2B channel sales, distribution or wholesale industry is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.