Job Purpose: To manage all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction. Includes rooms, laundry, public areas, department storage areas and work areas.
- Supervise housekeeping and laundry staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in development of the department's annual budget. Monitor performance against plan.
- Enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain room quality based on hotel objectives. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Compile and report accurate status of guest rooms to front office.
- Enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on guest lost and found items.
- Maintain productivity and labor cost goals.
- Establish and maintain cost control systems for staffing linen inventories and cleaning supplies. Conduct inventories of linen, supplies and equipment. Order and receive supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 Housekeeping Manager, and 5 years housekeeping experience in a hotel, a supervisory capacity; OR, equivalent level of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Housekeeping: 3 years (Required)
- Hotel Housekeeping Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)