Job Sensitivity Tier II - No Credit Check
Business Continuity Analyst
Intermediate to Senior
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence.
At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Business Continuity team has an immediate opening for a Business Continuity Analyst reporting to the Senior Manager of the Business Continuity area. In this role you will propose, develop, maintain and exercise Business Continuity, Pandemic and Crisis Management methodologies, processes and procedures. The analyst will analyze threat scenarios, will support associated continuity planning efforts for key services and business units, and effectively interact with various levels of management and staff to collect, analyze and disseminate accurate information. The analyst will contribute to the administration and support of automated business continuity management tools and resources. They will also assist with facilitating enterprise-wide exercises to utilize associated contingency plans to adequately address specific requirements and achieve established recovery time frames. The analyst will be responsible for organizing and maintaining contingency equipment and facilities at expected levels in conjunction with contingency support functions for all business areas.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on June 21, 2018
*** The hiring range for position Business Continuity Analyst Intermediate $63,000 -$79,000 annually
*** The hiring range for position Business Continuity Analyst Senior $80,000 -$101,000 annually
***Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Research/analyze/develop responses to information requests from senior management, business units, enterprise-wide entities, and outside organizations in support of business continuity efforts
- Develop, document and maintain detailed information associated with planning and exercise methodologies, processes and procedures for Business Continuity, Pandemic Planning, Crisis and Incident Management.
- Facilitate and document contingency response and exercise activities related to business continuity, pandemic planning, crisis and Incident management events.
- Develop/coordinate/conduct employee, business area and departmental training and awareness programs
- Consult with functional areas to review/analyze/strengthen documented contingency plans.
- Provides guidance to the organization, functional/departmental business areas, and other Business Continuity resources regarding the development of Business Continuity, Pandemic, Crisis and Incident Management plans.
- Recommends and coordinates the development of exercise methodologies, business recovery scripts, processes and procedures for continuity, crisis, and incident management plans.
- Develops, coordinates and supports events, simulations and exercises across the organization in support of overall business continuity and resilience efforts, and reports results to the leadership team.
- 3 to 9 years of business continuity, crisis management, pandemic planning, disaster recovery, emergency management or related experience (highly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business continuity, business, homeland security, emergency management or information technology (preferred)
- Experience administering, configuring and supporting a business continuity management application (highly preferred) and/or an automated emergency notification system/application (preferred)
- Expertise in, and knowledge of, business continuity, crisis management, pandemic planning, disaster recovery, emergency communications, incident command systems, emergency response, and business resilience processes (highly preferred)
- Professional Business Continuity Certification (e.g. Certified Business Continuity Professional) (highly preferred)
- General understanding of business systems architecture, communications technologies, and technology infrastructures (preferred)
- Experience with utilizing project management processes in developing and executing project plans (desirable)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to review and interpret data, detect problem sources, and determine best solution and preventative measures (required)
- Proven organizational, decision making, and collaboration expertise (required)
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project (required); Visio (preferred)
- Excellent writing and oral communications (required)
- Experience utilizing SharePoint applications (preferred)