Job Title: Part-Time Associate Banker
Department: Retail Banking
Location: Danbury, CT
- Monday: 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
- Friday: 8:15 am - 6:15 pm
- Saturday: 8:15 am -12:15 pm
Summary: The Associate Banker accurately records customer checks, deposits, and withdrawal transactions and provides outstanding service to the organization's customers. Correctly verifies customer information including names, dates, and account numbers to ensure safety of transactions. Works cohesively in a team environment to achieve personal and branch goals. Displays motivation and enthusiasm within the team.
Key responsibilities include, compliance with all banking regulations and the policies and procedures established by management, building customer relationships, accurately recording daily transactions, identifying products and services that will benefit customers and efficiently accomplishing customer requests.
- Processes a wide variety of customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments, and other miscellaneous transactions
- Processes transactions within limits of established policy accurately and efficiently and seeks approvals when required
- Balances cash drawer daily for both the cash and transaction totals
- Efficiently and accurately records checks, deposits, withdrawals and other transactions into the computer systems
- Effectively addresses customer questions; successfully managing periods of heavy traffic at the branch
- Provides outstanding service that achieves high customer satisfaction and builds strong, long-term customer relationships
- Promptly addresses and resolves customer concerns and inquiries in a positive, confident manner
- Consistently makes time to be friendly, get to know our customers and make every customer feel important
Product Knowledge & Recommendations
- Shows knowledge of the products and services offered by the organization
- Reviews current accounts and customer requests to determine new products and services that will benefit the customer
- Identifies customer needs and refers customers to appropriate branch personnel
- Refers customers to the correct departments and contacts that provide specific products or services
- Achieves daily, weekly and monthly referral goals
- Reviews Incentive compensation for accuracy and communicates personal progress
- Works in a team environment
- Efficiently uses the bank's CRM and follows up on leads
Compliance & Security
- Complies with BSA requirements relating to Suspicious Activity Reporting, Currency Transaction Reporting, OFAC and red flags
- Follows all bank policies and procedures
- Is aware of and complies with CRA guidelines and policies, ethics policy, and the bank's non-discrimination policy; complies with all regulations
- Comply with all daily, monthly and quarterly Security procedures
- Report issues or complaints to a supervisor for follow-up
- Secure all documents and confidential data following the "clean desk" policy; lock computer screen and secure equipment when leaving desk or station
- Lock and secure cash drawer and teller station when leaving station
- Follow all daily security procedures with entering and leaving the branch; secure all teller line doors and break room areas
- Greet and/or acknowledge customers as they come into the branch and report any unusual occurrence to the supervisor
- Support other branches with staff as needed
Compliance Training & Continuing Education
- Complete all BVS assigned compliance training on or before deadlines
- Attend in-person and external web based compliance courses when offered
- Takes additional training courses offered by the bank
- Shadow Relationship Banker I, II and III to understand and develop additional banking knowledge and skills
HR Performance Expectations & Community
- Manage time and attendance by completing a daily time card, entering time off requests and approving time cards before weekly cut off
- Provide a minimum of one piece of valuable feedback periodically for a team member or an internal business partner
- Volunteer for or attend bank sponsored events within performance review period
Educational and experience requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of banking customer service principles and processes Ability to use mathematics to accurately compute routine transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal communication and listening skills Strong computer and electronic skills
- Ability to use banking software Strong critical thinking abilities
- Relevant experience performing clerical activities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee:
Is regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine, calculator, phone and computer printer.
Must be able to remain in a standing/stationary position for 80% of the time.
Is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as, viewing a computer terminal and determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned to self.
Is required to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to convey detailed spoken instructions to other employees accurately.
Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Position is considered sedentary and may require employee to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week: