M.G. Skinner & Associates is an insurance program business leader, writing and supporting more than $12 billion of total insured value nationwide. Established in 1979, the Company has built a reputation for excellent insurance programs and unmatched customer service by focusing on innovative and successful ways to serve our clients and brokers. Integrity and honesty are hallmarks of everything we do, and we extend goodwill to everyone with whom we work.
We are currently looking for an experienced, challenge-seeking, professional CPA-licensed Controller to join our company. The qualified candidate will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing financial reports, developing internal financial mechanisms to support multiple insurance products and programs and filing corporate partnership and individual tax returns. This is an exempt, full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be a CPA with an in-depth knowledge of GAAP, auditing, and budgeting procedures, and will play the lead role in the company’s financial planning and operations, ensuring full legal compliance and facilitating growth.
- Oversee Finance & Accounting operations.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing principles of internal audits, controls and checks across several entities within the company.
- Supervise the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting, cost accounting, operations accounting.
- Develop, improve, issue, and review monthly financial records and reports with President and Vice President.
- Provide financial analytical tools to evaluate company ventures, special projects, programs, capital expenditures, product costs, etc.
- Manage commercial and personal banking relationships for company.
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks and lessors, casual/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, etc.
- Carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Organize and update accounting records as needed.
- Prepare and file Corporate Partnership tax returns and individual tax returns for Executives.
- Prepare and analyze reports on transactions.
- Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures and investments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited four-year university
- Must have a CPA license
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Management, Economics, or related field preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience or a combination of 5+ years of experience and education
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial producers
- Understands and exercises Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experienced with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires and complaints
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to President and Vice President
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis, and probability statements
- Must have utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff and Executive Management.
PLEASE NO SOLICITATIONS FROM RECRUITERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY AGENTS
Compensation: Competitive; commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a base of two (2) weeks' paid vacation, seven (7) sick leave days, medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings program, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year
- Financial Reporting: 7 years (Required)
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)
- West Los Angeles, CA (Preferred)