With over 20 years’ experience, Tribus Services, a Corix Company, provides end-to-end smart metering and utility services for gas, water, and electric utilities. Tribus Services has completed more than 25 million Smart Meter/Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI)/Automated Meter Reading (AMR) implementations and meter replacements, deploying all types of meter models and smart meter technology.
We currently have exciting positions available for Meter Readers. If you are someone who likes a challenge, is looking to expand your career and having fun at work; you'll fit right in! You'll be surrounded by team players that share that same set of passions.
Tribus Services has an immediate career opportunity for a Meter Reader. This position is based in Joplin, MO. Company car is provided.
This position is responsible for reading meters and record volume used by residential and commercial consumers to ensure accurate consumption and billing. Reads routes containing between 200-500 meters as assigned. Performs service orders as needed.
- Reports to starting location at beginning of shift to receive route information, and hand held device. May receive vehicle keys. Organizes route maps/plans route, fills out time sheets and other paperwork if necessary.
- Drives company vehicle to first residence/business on route; uses map to locate site if necessary and verifies address using hand held device.
- Walks along the route to each customer site. Route length varies and can be approximately 20-40 miles. Drives and walks route.
- Locates meter and determines if it is accessible/poses safety hazards. If meter is in the building, gets permission from occupant to enter (there must be an adult occupant, 18 yrs. of age or older in order for reader to enter). Some meters are located in vaults. Checks hand held device to verify meter number to see if there are any notes about site (i.e., location of meter, obstacles, dogs).
- If customer has questions about services, answers questions or directs them to customer service.
- Reads numeric data indicated on the meter and records into hand held device.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must pass Meter-Pro test
If you have the above, please keep reading
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy to record meter data
- Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written instructions.
- Ability to key data into hand held device. Basic computer skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to walk route, which includes stairs and unpaved/rough terrain areas, of up to 5-10miles each day.
Like a select few employers we offer great benefits such as 2 weeks paid time off your first year on the job, excellent Medical Insurance with a $500 deductible and 90/10 copay and also have 401K matching with immediate vesting within 60 days of being hired. Most of all you will learn and work with great people that you will enjoy working and being with.
Tribus Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Women, minorities, disabilities and veterans.