Responsible for the daily management and oversight of RIA’s managed accounts and associated portfolios and underlying positions. Responsibilities will include all trading-related activity related to accounts, including processing of trading workflows (receipt of new money, release of funds per client request, re-balancing of accounts, etc.), and overall model/portfolio positional changes. Other required operational support will include performance reporting, account metrics and measurements related to accounts, and advisor request support and fulfillment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive oversight of all trading functions including: trading individual accounts, block trading, order entry, order management, trade confirmation and reconciliation, and monitoring account allocations for accuracy and drift.
- Monitoring of cash levels and individual positions relative to allocation strategies and models across all accounts.
- Creation and processing of trade tickets; confirmation of trade execution and account positions. Maintenance of books and records related to all trading functions.
- Responsible for monitoring all trading activity and performing various account reconciliations based on drift.
Operations / Account Maintenance
- Oversight of account setup and maintenance of client demographic data, investment model assignments, and alignment to target investment models / portfolios. Input to new account process and account billing preparation.
- Support client inquiries and resolution of client issues pertaining to trading and/or assets.
- Audits of account setup data/parameters in order management system
- Pre-trade impact analysis and regular “drift” reporting and investment model alignment.
- Maintenance of a number of financial and custodial systems, Dashboard, automated spreadsheets, database applications as assigned and required.
- Preparation and supervision of client account investment performance reports and compilation of annual and quarterly performance and GIPS composite reporting.
- Creation of individual client account performance summaries for specified time periods.
- Annual GIPS and other verification / audit support, as needed.
- Metrics and Measurements / Reporting
- Summary of asset flows by custodial and/or advisory relationship.
- Divisional asset flows, including monthly detail on new assets, redemptions, and market appreciation effects.
- Preparation of various detail and summary reports and reconciliation of such reports with source documentation (general ledger, financial statements, subsystem reports, etc.), researching any differences and pursuing corrective action as needed. Asset and performance updates and reports for Investment Databases.
- Due diligence support and/or reporting to strategic partners on total assets, asset types, and asset sources.
Skills / Key Competencies Required
- 4 year related degree
- experience with Morningstar and Bloomberg systems
- Familiarity with Fidelity custodial platform
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Attention to Detail / Data Organization
- Technical Skills
- Industry and Market Knowledge
- Operational Fluency
Securities offered through LPL Financial, member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through Stratos Wealth Partners, Ltd., a registered investment advisor and a separate entity from LPL Financial.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Services: 3 years (Preferred)
- Trading: 2 years (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check: