- Teaching Experience
- Driver's License
- Instructional Design
- Adobe Acrobat
Work Performed/Position Responsibilities:
- Develop training plans meeting current training needs of member programs and other professionals serving victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Assess skills or knowledge gaps identified through ICADV’s Program Council or other avenues that could be addressed through trainings.
- Develop training curriculum and programs (outsourced or in-house) utilizing appropriate training methods per case (eg in-person, live/recorded webinars, online hosted modules), minimum of 15% of one’s time.
- Identify appropriate presenters to deliver trainings.
- Present as needed at ICADV hosted trainings and other external opportunities.
- Staff Leadership Development Committee.
- Represent ICADV at meetings with outside agencies, as assigned.
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques.
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions to promote/support capacity within ICADV membership.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned by the Chief Training and Technical Assistance Officer, Chief Operations Officer and Executive Director.
- Comprehensive understanding of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence or similar nonprofit organization.
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate or not for profit setting.
- Adequate knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Bachelor degree or four years of experience in education, training, human resource or related field.
- Understanding of common conference planning methods (eg hotel, catering, printing, etc).
- Understanding of developing basic budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills which demonstrates a commitment to professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently manage one’s time.
- Appropriate conflict resolution methods which lead to positive solutions.
- Working knowledge in a variety of software applications including but not limited to word processing, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access databases, and Adobe Acrobat. Advanced usage of Microsoft Powerpoint or other comparable presentation applications also desired.
- Working knowledge to manipulate and configure basic audio/visual and mobile technology equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Ability to drive oneself or secure reliable transportation to reach all areas of Illinois.
- Ability to regularly work off site as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be able to secure reliable transportation, including driver’s license and proof of insurance if necessary when travel is required.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, non-smoking, feminist-centered environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Must maintain certification from the Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professionals.
ICADV is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $37,000.00 /year