- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- First Aid Certification
- Construction Experience
- CPR Certification
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Word
Position summary: Work closely with the Project Manager to direct and monitor the progress of construction activities while maintaining safety and schedule requirements.
- Assist PM in preconstruction activities on projects’ scope development, scheduling and estimating.
- Orchestrate a plan from the beginning of construction to completion of the project, including accurately projecting daily and weekly construction activities for scheduling purposes.
- Oversee all trades and effectively manage daily onsite activities. Personally comply with and enforce safety and project housekeeping requirements.
- Interpret drawings, details of drawings, and specifications. Maintain “as-built” drawings for permanent record.
- Achieve objectives through effective direction of individuals, teams and subcontractors.
- Work with senior management to track job progress and costs.
- Inspect work in progress to assure quality and contract compliance. Immediately correct any deficiencies discovered.
- Complete and submit daily reports and safety inspections. Communicate daily any schedule delays, labor cost overruns, subcontractor issues or other project problems.
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate meetings for owners, subcontractors, architects and local authorities. Provide input on schedule and current project issues.
- Work with PM to procure job-related materials, equipment or other services.
- Verify receipt of material/equipment deliveries. Submit delivery tickets to main office weekly.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and well-organized field office standards.
- Submit properly coded labor time sheets and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrate positive and courteous interpersonal skills in all work environments
- Manage all punch list items. Ensure that all outstanding punch list items are completed on time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to professionally interact with design professionals, consultants and clients while successfully directing subcontractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with contract documents, schedules and budgets.
- Basic knowledge in elementary accounting, budget estimates, and scheduling.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in a commercial construction leadership position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- First Aid/CPR certification required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must complete 30h OSHA training.
- Some fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other software packages
- Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from blueprints and construction drawings, and translate that vision into a well-constructed facility.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- Superintendent: 10 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- OSHA 10 (Preferred)