VDC Project Manager
about the position…
As a Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Project Manager at Power Design, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring that our construction projects are completed successfully by providing detailed coordination and installation designs for all electrical systems. The VDC Project Manager is the coordinator who has the opportunity to work closely with the project management team and with customers, providing innovative solutions and value engineering solutions.
- Lead multiple projects throughout the preconstruction phase, providing coordination and design for everything from temporary power, systems and lighting to distribution and equipment sizing layout.
- Work with the project management team and customer to come up with design decisions that will exceed expectations.
- During the design process, review legal contracts, scopes of work, specifications, plans and pertinent jurisdictional codes, making sure that our projects are code and contract compliant.
here’s what we’re looking for…
- An excellent planner who thrives in a constantly changing and evolving environment with at least ten (10) years of relevant electrical contracting experience and excellent communication skills.
- Experience as a MEP coordinator or general contractor superintendent is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements (including IBC and IECC) required.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
a little bit about us…
Join the Power Design team, and you’ll get more than a job. You’ll discover one of the fastest growing electrical contractors in the nation – the perfect environment for driven individuals who share our commitment to excellence and growth. You’ll find an organization committed to our values, to training, to giving back to the communities in which we live and work, and to the wellness and safety of our #PDIFamily. With more than 200 active projects, a 22-acre tobacco-free headquarters campus which includes a 16,000-square-foot employee training center, Power Design is one of the leading electrical contractors in the United States.
some of our benefits…
Power Design has national health and dental plans, and we also offer life insurance and short and long term disability plans. You’ll receive paid vacations and holidays as well as national discount programs for everything from movie tickets to flowers, rental cars, phones and vehicles! We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan as well as incentive and recognition programs. Relocation opportunities may also be available!
want to know more?
Check out our Careers site, or visit us on Facebook!