Discover Home Equity Loans is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the creation of customer communication and creatives. Team priorities for customer communications is to enhance the customer experience through creation engaging, informative, and transparent acquisition and operational messaging. Creative agenda is centered on improving effectiveness of marketing campaign assets across direct and digital media and designing the user interface for an innovative online application experience. This is a unique opportunity to drive significant growth for a start-up business with the resources of a larger organization.
Success will require a genuine passion for creating breakthrough design and clear customer communication in addition to strong marketing acumen and leadership skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Management and creation of origination and servicing communications
- Guiding internal and external creative resources to create effective marketing and online user experiences
- Creating and enforcing brand standards across all-customer facing content
- Managing creation of creative briefs and kicking off individual projects with creative agencies.
- Managing review cycle and ensuring appropriate process is followed for obtaining required approvals
- Preparing creative materials for internal and external audits on an as-needed basis.
- Establishing strong partnerships with marketing and business teams across Discover
- Managing external agencies and key partners relationships
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- 8+ years of marketing experience, with a strong background in creative and communication development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; MBA preferred
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in multiple marketing channels including direct mail, e-mail and digital
- Strong analytical and consumer insight skills, ability to grasp complex business issues and lead decision making in an analytical and data-intensive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation, strong project management skills with demonstrated track record
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to design and launch innovative marketing programs
- Ability to apply creative/strategic solutions to solve business challenges, develop new ideas and gain broad organizational advocacy
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, and comfort in dealing with all levels of an organization
- People management experience preferred
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.