Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
CDK Global’s Flex engineering team is looking for Architect with a passion for their craft to join our growing team. This is a unique role which will have a material impact on the success and quality of a new software product with enormous growth potential. Flex is highly visible within the organization and provides excellent growth and development opportunities. If you like fast-paced environments, engineering challenges, participating in key engineering decisions, and want to leave your personal mark on a software product, the Flex team is right for you. Architect will be responsible for defining/designing and developing strategies to fulfill high level business requirements for global platforms, products and services.
Collaboration & Communication:
- Leads strategic and tactical infrastructure initiatives by designing, building and managing complex systems.
- Own end-to-end architecture vision & roadmap for the system to support the strategy
- Gather feature requirements for various product development teams and engage the team in planning and execution based on feature requirements
- Understand and be accountable for the financial implications of the design
- Use prototyping, test plans, and other means to validate that proposed architecture meets defined requirements.
- Plan what the system is going to look like in year 1, year 2 etc. and define achievable transitions
- Be hands-on, especially with the initial implementation work
- Plan for the integration of new technologies
- Ensure all non-functional aspects of the platform are addressed; including scalability, security, maintainability and supportability
- Continually monitor current state, business direction & technology trends to ensure the platform direction is sustainable
- Identify opportunities for technical innovation that add value to the platform
- Assist in establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, equally comfortable engaging with and presenting to senior stakeholders, including C-level, as well as writing code alongside software engineers
- Work closely with architects from across the organisation to ensure alignment with the broader technical strategy
- Work closely with other platform teams/project management/release management that may be dependent on/impacted by changes in the platform scope or technical implementation
- Experience in defining and implementing strategies
- Ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
- Previous experience as an architect, senior or lead engineer
- Knowledge of offerings from AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working within agile led environments
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.