Converter of printed and laminated flexible packaging materials with more than 250 employees involved in manufacturing re-sealable bags & pouches and roll-fed labels looking for experienced Quality Control Management. Critical processes include film extrusion, laminating, flexographic printing and pouch making. Annual sales exceed $100 million.
The QC Manager will have responsibility for insuring that all quality requirements are monitored and analyzed in order to optimize process and production efficiencies, and to ensure adherence to all customer specifications. Will have a QC supervisor and technicians reporting
- Ensure conformance to specification requirements
- Develop data analysis to determine the causes of quality issues
- Prepare customer and third-party audits, serving as “point person” during audits.
- Analyze data for optimizing production efficiencies and manufacturing specifications
- Oversee the use, calibration, and maintenance schedules of all lab equipment
- Validation of test methods used to meet customer requirements
- Document Control for facility’s SOPs and Quality Manual
- Update, modify, and create departmental SOPs
- Complies with all Company's standard operating procedure
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred; MS degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in packaging field in a Quality Supervisory or Management function.
- Minimum of 3 years supervising quality dept. employees.
- ASQ or CMQ/OE certification is desired.
- Prior experience in food, pharmaceutical, or consumer goods packaging company/facilities.
- Prior experience leading development or revitalization of QA programs
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and willingness to stand one’s ground on quality issues and performance.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of database and Excel programs, and their use in QA systems.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 140K, plus 25% bonus opportunity. Relocation expenses covered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Quality Assurance Management: 3 years (Required)
- Packaging Converting QC: 8 years (Required)