Full Job Description
Lake Country Dairy, a division of Schuman Cheese, is now seeking applicants for our summer internship program. The internship program provides an excellent opportunity for students interested in the dairy industry, cheesemaking, food safety and quality. Our interns will work in our large scale, award winning cheese manufacturing plant, with a focus on the production or quality side of the business.
Our product Line: We produce approximately 24 million pounds of Italian and Alpine style cheeses each year, including Parmesan, Asiago, Romano, Mascarpone, Fontina and Alpine cheeses.
The internship program: Schuman Cheese offers opportunities to students with passion for success and a love for dairy. The position will offer opportunities to design and plan your own steps to be successful. The interns joining Lake Country Dairy will gain knowledge of the dairy industry and creating artisanal cheese. You will also have an opportunity to build and propose a business project plan to enhance or improve a process or program. Successful interns will be considered for full time employment within the Schuman Cheese organization after completion of your college degree and will also have the opportunity to apply for a $5000 scholarship.
Internship Dates: Internship will begin no later then June 1 and complete no earlier than August 7 (10 – 12 week duration).
Required experience and skills
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree in Dairy Science, Food Processing, Food Science or other related field.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above at an accredited institution
- Passion to be successful with interest in Food and Dairy.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Strong desire to gain further understanding of the food manufacturing business.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data into meaningful information
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions.
- Strength working independently, but also as a member of the larger company team.
How to apply: Apply online today! Include your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and your personal and professional goals for the internship experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
schumancheese.com cellocheese.com yellowdoorcreamery.com
Job Type: Internship