SONIFI® Solutions prides itself on being the leader in technology solutions for the hospitality and healthcare industries. Today our team is changing people's lives through memorable guest experiences - all delivered through an integrated technology and service platform. We work with global brands like AT&T, LG and Samsung and leverage technology from Google and Amazon.
We are looking to add a Network Engineer to our team in a full-time, exempt position. If you thrive in a dynamic environment with challenging, yet rewarding work, we would love to hear from you.
The Network Engineer creates, deploys and maintains designs encompassing LAN/WAN/RF networks to be installed at customer sites. This position also serves as top-level technical support to SONIFI Installations, Sales, Technical Assistance Center, Field Service and any subcontractors in these fields.
Some of the essential job functions include:
What you’ll need:
- Develops complex network designs (Ethernet, Wi-FI, DOCSIS), IP addressing schemes, RF Channel plans and proposals to provide accurate services and materials lists as a result of a site survey or from provided information.
- Produce accurate installation documents and design information as generated through the site survey and installation processes.
- Conduct remote configuration and troubleshooting of networks at customer sites during the deployment phase of the project.
- Evaluates vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs; assists in the presentation of information to management resulting in the purchase and installation of hardware and software.
- Reviews current and new technologies for deployment of wired/wireless Internet access.
- Provides pre-sales, installations and post-sales network engineering support as needed.
- Able to assist internal customers with defining the purpose of the network, defining the type of network and budget requirements necessary to meet specified requirements.
- Occasional travel when necessary to perform essential functions or training.
- Two or four-year technical degree and two years’ relevant experience preferred; however the equivalent combination of education and/or experience will also be considered.
- Experience in customer facing integration roles and installation support is preferred.
- Proficiency with IP, WAN/LAN/WLAN, TCP/IP addressing and subnetting along with network diagnostic and troubleshooting is required. Experience with DOCSIS and Wi-Fi 802.11 technologies is a plus.
- Previous experience with UNIX, MS Office, MS Visio and Wi-Fi tools such as Ekahau or Air Magnet preferred.
- The follow vendor certifications (or ability to obtain) are desired: CWNA, Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Wireless or equivalent/higher Cisco certifications, and Ruckus WiSE.
- Strong communication (oral, written, and electronic), organizational, multitasking and decision-making skills are highly desired. Ability to complete milestones and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- This position must be able to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees and translate non-technical business and user requirements to technical specifications.
Together, we can build your future! We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and a variety of additional benefits! We even have an on-site cafeteria and fitness center in our Sioux Falls office!
SONIFI values diversity and we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.