Operations Support Specialist
Firefighters in the United States have a higher risk of getting cancer than the rest of the general population and it is the leading cause of death in the fire industry. It is the mission of 911 Safety Equipment to mitigate cancer in the fire service and we do this by promoting our 911 Clean division, which cleans and repairs firefighter gear. Our division is growing rapidly and are currently seeking an experienced Operations Support Specialist to make a big contribution in our industry expansion.
Assist the Production Manager. Plan, and direct daily operations to ensure that production runs smoothly. In addition, responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the activities of the service department.
- Assist in planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Data entry, record keeping, and invoicing.
- Monitoring all production employees to learn, perform, engage, and produce at higher levels.
- Overseeing work and providing technical guidance to production staff.
- Evaluating delays and mistakes, taking the proper correction action, identifying the key person responsible, and proposing a preventive procedure.
- Enforcing and improving guidelines for efficiency, sanitation and safety.
- Ordering, receiving, and verifying quantity and quality for materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Providing order receive confirmation to customers, a timely quote if requested, and feedback for lead times.
- Preparing coordination for timely pickup/delivery/shipping.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Passionate about the industry and our mission
- High school graduate
- 2+ years experience in production management or related field
- Bilingual; Spanish speaking preferred
- Occasionally climbs ladders.
- Occasionally moves or lifts materials up to 25 lbs, unassisted.
- Uses repetitive movement of hands and arms on occasion.
- Strong oral and communication Skills
- Motivated and hardworking
- Able to learn quickly
- Active listening
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft office suite and QuickBooks a plus)
- Experience with data entry preferred but not required
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k)/Profit sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Sick and Personal days, Vacation and Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24,000.00 to $25,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)