You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. You will lead a team of approximately 30 employees. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Dedicated partnership with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing, creating and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motivates associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
1.Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene). Implement strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
2.You will ensure a safe work environment at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP's, SSOP's and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished following environmental management.
3.Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and make sure personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
4.You will provide coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate flawless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
5.Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
6.Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management.
7.Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
8.Ensure timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreed with the business unit/area.
9.Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in coordination with quality, engineering & administration. Review daily maintenance effectiveness with Maintenance Mechanic(s) and Team members to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, schedule, and ensure Maintenance & Repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
10.Travel requirement = 5%
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- OR 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- OR 2 years in a leadership role in the United States Military
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
- Willing to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be extremely cold, wet or warm
- Experience in food processing or packaging
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control
- Experience in Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s) in a food processing environment.
- 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean manufacturing or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) preferred)
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening). Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences, facilitate group coaching, and information sharing. Ability to positively confront and effectively deal with noncompliance through effective "soft Skills".
- Excellent people skills – maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Be willing to face challenging situations. Develop ability to build personal relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open communication.
- Adaptable – ability to adjust approach to match varied task requirements, adjust behavior to others’ styles, change priorities to meet changing demands, adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to run multiple priorities at one time through highly developed organizational skills.
- Ability to set effective and meaningful objectives.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving.
- High energy level and excellent follow-up
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office, NT/XP/Vista version(s)
At the Highly Developed Level include
- Results Focus – Set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift to achieve them.
- Lead People – Communicate what has to be done to gain the understanding and commitment of the people to achieve the objectives.
- Practice What You Preach – Be a role model for his/her team and consistently acts according to the Nestle principles and values.
- Proactive Partnership – Works collaboratively with others demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.