Aureus Group has partnered with a growing, national corporation here in Omaha, to find a Director of Business Intelligence. This is a great opportunity to build up this department from scratch and really make it your own! The Director of Business Intelligence will primarily be responsible for being a champion of data analytics to create and implement the analytics strategy including managing the data warehouse, developing reporting dashboards and scorecards, and evangelizing the use of analytical tools & techniques throughout the company. This is a hands-on, build position that will be instrumental in building the data warehouse structure and shaping the company culture around data-driven decision making!!
Responsibilities of the Director of Business Intelligence:
Create and implement the reporting and analytics strategy including but not limited to:
Qualifications of the Director of Business Intelligence:
- Drive the strategy around business metrics and definitions so the organization can leverage a consistent view of the business across all dimensions.
- Champion the Data Warehouse and their master data set, working closely with the IT team to improve and expand the existing structure (architecture), as well as working with functional leaders to identify, import, integrate, and validate additional sources of data in support of achieving our business goals.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the master data management disciplines of data governance, data quality and master data integration and architecture.
- Leverage data analytics to develop strategies and tools to optimize revenue and margin (revenue management).
- Work with functional leaders and executive team to design organizational performance metrics, and then own the creation, implementation, and distribution of the reporting and dashboards to track those metrics.
- Champion customer relationship management analytics including integration into any future CRM or Sales Management platform.
- Set the stage for the application of data science (e.g., predictive analytics) methods to the organization.
- Improve the reporting and analytics built off the Data Warehouse, as well as the delivery mechanisms to make it widely and easily accessible.
- Fulfill requests for targeted, ad hoc analyses for leaders across the organization.
- Help select, train, and mentor new analysts to work in the organization.
- Practical Analytical: Analytically rooted balanced with a practical side that has a bias toward action versus paralysis by perfection.
- Fearless Leadership – highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory.
- Collaboration & Influence – ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance company goals.
- Communication – proficient verbally and in writing as this person will work with across the organization to champion a data-based culture.
- 5+ years’ experience in analytics and data warehousing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in MIS with a strong business background.
- Business acumen with the ability to understand the commercial, operational and financial priorities of the business and align analytics initiatives and activities on the areas of highest impact.
- Strong understanding of architecture and best practices of relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and extensive experience building databases, tables, procedures and queries; experience with related tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) is a plus.
- Extensive experience of creating reporting and analytics for high-level business leaders, with an understanding of what makes for relevant and impactful information.
- Expert-level skills working with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with visualization tools (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) other languages (Python, R, .NET, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with CRM programs (Salesforce.com, etc.) is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter who is hands-on, gets energized by being part of the solution.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously.
- Good team builder. Ability to inspire passion in others.
- Experience in a dynamic start-up or high growth environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
At Aureus Group, we’re the recruitment advisors our clients trust to expertly uncover professionals with not only the experience, skills, and abilities, but also the passion, ethics, and integrity that are critical to your success. We’re the experts professionals turn to for direct access to challenging and rewarding jobs in their field, many of which are unadvertised.
If you have a background that lines up well with the Director of Business Intelligence description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online or call 888-239-5993 for a confidential conversation. Please refer to reference 18-833471 when inquiring.
Database Warehouse Administrator
MS SQL Server
For the most prompt response, please APPLY ONLINE.
Resumes may also be sent to email@example.com or call (888) 239-5993 for more information.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and we will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status. We do not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from staffing, recruitment or other employment consulting firms.
As always, there is never a fee for candidates to utilize our services.