Vizient Southeast is a member owned cooperative comprised of not-for profit healthcare organizations in the southeast United States and U.S. Virgin Islands. Based in Tampa, Florida, Vizient Southeast serves 20 members (70+ hospitals). Vizient Southeast’s mission is to accelerate the improvement of its member organizations in the clinical, economic and transformational arenas of healthcare.
The Healthcare Delivery System Transformation Consultant will advise and support our member organizations with respect to the strategies related to development and creation of Clinical Integration, Bundled Payments, Co-management, Patient/Person Centered Medical Home, Accountable Care Organization, Population Health Management, Perioperative Surgical Homes, or other similar healthcare transformation activities. This position will report to the Chief Clinical Officer.
- In coordination with members, develop action plans that will drive improve costs, quality and patient experiences.
- Prepare and develop tracking, trending, and reporting of performance of key indicators in action plans and learning collaboratives.
- Analyze and interpret complex medical cost, utilization and quality data
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of learning and educational collaboratives that allow providers to learn from one another along with national experts, utilizing tools and other available resources.
- Provide recommendations for standardizing and redesigning care, with the goal of reducing resource utilization and variation in care while ensuring clinical quality and safety
- Effectively plan and coordinate meetings that include operational leaders, physicians, clinical staff, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the delivery and execution of complex, large scale, multi-year (high cost, high complexity and/or high risk) transformation services and offerings.
- Build and maintain expertise in healthcare transformation areas and regularly interface with Physicians and member management teams to assist in delivering on member commitments.
Qualifications and education:
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Master’s degree in business or health related field would be a plus
- Healthcare industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills with the ability to prepare charts graphs and power points
- Experience in project management
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders, including physicians, health care administration, and clinical staff
- High tolerance for complex, ambiguous, and constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, display excellent judgment, and work productively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to review processes of care, identify gaps, develop and implement action plans
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, including an understanding of clinical data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills to include the ability to present to large audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
10% to 20%
Job Type: Full-time