Welspun's Little Rock facilities are state-of-the-art! Employing more than 700 people, Welspun Tubular is one of its kind in technology for producing pipes for oil and gas, and providing a one-stop solution to valued oil and gas customers in and around the United States.
We firmly believe that it’s our people who are the reason behind sustaining our leadership position in the market. At Welspun Tubular, employees are given opportunities to learn, grow and develop and they are rewarded for their contributions.
As a Financial Analyst, you play a key role in the Accounting & Finance team. You support the accuracy in maintenance of costing records while also supporting MIS, formulation of budgets and maintenance of budgeting records and management of the company’s fund management system for budget control. As part of your role, you interact with the operations department heads and other stakeholders in order gather data, seek information analyze and report the above.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with accounting principles, accounting processes and procedures as it relates to costing, cost records and cost analysis. The ideal candidate will also be able to:
- Gather and process costing data to report cost of conversion for all plants.
- Prepare conversion costs on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with comparisons to business plans.
- Support the company’s fund management system for budgetary control over overheads, internal orders and sales orders with directives from the Controller.
- Help communicate and educate other users and dept. heads on the proper use of appropriate cost centers, I/O’s and/or S/O’s.
- Help prepare the monthly “actuals Vs. budgets and business plans” reports along with an analysis to support and explain variances.
- Prepare the monthly MIR Reports and the quarterly QIR Reports by the relevant due dates, providing the reports in advance to department heads at LR for review, comments and clarifications.
- Assist the month close process by processing the monthly WIP valuation.
- Provide support to the SFA in building and evaluating costing models for new projects, products or campaigns.
Key education & experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a College/ University (3/4 years) in business, accounting, finance or engineering.
- Professional certification and/or license such as CPA, MBA, ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) or equivalent is highly desirable for this position.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience may be substituted in place of a certification.
- Total work experience: minimum of 3 years.
Competitive pay and excellent benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision with no waiting period- from first day of hire
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- eligible upon hire
Welspun in an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Analysis: 3 years (Required)