Recognized as a lead expert, influences at the manager level on projects and initiatives. Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Manage materials planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Optimize inventory and process improvements.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team.
- Works on cross functional teams.
- Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of production process work instructions and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to its specifications
5. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records and DHR
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
2. Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution or Supply Chain experience, or GE Leadership Program employee or graduate.
Desired Characteristics:Preferred Qualifications:
1. MBA or Masters Degree
2. 5 years of proven experience in Materials Planning and Execution
3. Certified Black Belt
4. Oracle knowledge and experience
5. Lean Manufacturing Experience, including leading AWOs
6. OMLP Graduate
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; South Carolina; Florence
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.