Grow with us
It’s all about personal growth through group collaboration. With over 25 patents, GED knows a thing or two about innovation. We want you to help us continue our tradition of making sizable impacts on how windows, doors, and insulating glass units are made, so that customers can fabricate the most energy-efficient, cost-effective, quality products to make every home, office, hospital or car the most comfortable and safest it can be.
From community to family
Providing a stable and opportunity-driven work environment is something we pride ourselves in. With an average employee tenure of 10 years and a 9.6% increase in new-hires within the past year, GED is noticeably a very dynamic workplace. The dedication, loyalty and incredible work ethic seen in our employees make our work environment as unique as the individuals in it. Not only do we work hard to achieve our high standards and goals, but we make time for play, too, with group sporting events, golf outings, picnics and volunteer activities to strengthen relationships and engage our team in their community.
Summary of duties
- Set up CNC machining centers on vertical Haas Mills & horizontal Mazak Mills in a made-to-order, custom manufacturing environment (low volume/no production).
- Basic CNC programming, touching tools, fixture offsets and maintaining the operation of the machine.
- Run parts start to finish with multiple set-ups and minimal supervision.
- Follow shop process documentation such as routers, set-up sheets, time studies, first article inspections, and job requisitions.
- Preform routine scheduled maintenance for machines; including changing and maintaining fluids, cleaning the machines, and making sure the machines are functioning properly.
- Assist production and inventory control by preforming cycle counts, updating inventory levels, and basic documentation.
- 2 + years in a job shop or made to order machining environment with different materials and part complexities.
- Must be able to "hit-the-ground-running" with minimal training and supervision on standard practices such as; basic programing, editing, touching tools and fixture offsets, inspection, blue print reading and standard machining practices.
- Experience programming Haas and Mazarol controls preferred.
- Experience utilizing Gibbs Cam CAD/CAM Software preferred.
- Must have experience in inspection of equipment using dial calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, pins, height gauge, ect.
On-site Fitness Center
Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
Vision Care Plan
Prescription Drug Plan
Short/Long Term Disability Plans
Credit Union Membership
401(k) Saving Plan w/match
Program Paid Time Off (PTO) Program