WHO WE ARE
FitPros is a turn-key health and fitness company that brings wellness direct to the workplace. We create custom solutions to improve people’s health, happiness and commitment to their employer.
To inspire others to uncover their highest health potential. Motivate health and happiness through physical movement and mindful education where people spend the most time - at work!
This position champions, develops and implements company-wide strategies intended to set us up for fiscal success, revenue scalability and employment growth. The Finance Manager position is responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting operations of the company, to include the initiation and implementation of the daily functions of finance and accounting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable. S/he is accountable for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
This role engages in high-level financial analysis, planning, and forecasting for fiscal health and future economic development activities. This position reports to the CEO. You are at the helm informing operations, sales and marketing which levers need to be adjusted for the greatest financial reward, while keeping client satisfaction as the top priority. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process employee and contractor payroll in a timely manner
- Calculate Account Executive sales commissions
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Perform monthly financial performance review
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, employee contracts, and company partnerships
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Extensive experience working with QuickBooks and ADP (your primary duties)
- Experience with high-level strategy development, planning, and strategic forecasting.
- Experience providing financial analysis, forecasting, solutions, and strategies.
- Experience preparing integrated financial statements, developing financial reports and identifying trends or issues that may require attention.
- Experience working with and advising Executive-level and Board personnel
- Primarily a work from home position. Will be asked to participate in company team meetings a few times per month.
- Maintain a flexible workstyle and responsive communications to ensure the highest level of service for client’s needs and communicating with corporate support team
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
TO APPLY, INCLUDE:
- Base pay salary range requirement.
- Why you think you would be a good candidate for the position
- One fun fact about yourself
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- for a major company: 3 years (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Full Time Opportunity: