We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Makes recommendations regarding changes to the sales/use tax environment including tax law changes that impact the business.
- Collaborates with other teams (Finance, Buying, Logistics, Operations, IT) as needed to answer business questions utilizing analytical approaches.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Prepares sales/use tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assesses and researches difficult sales/use tax issues to identify solutions.
- Performs sales/use tax account reconciliations and prepare journal entries.
- Determines sales/use tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with regulations by researching and following required information issued by state, and local authorities.
- Offers support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluates sales/use tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keeps track of industry trends and changes related to sales/use taxes.
- Prepares accurate monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Builds and maintains effective relationship with key stakeholders across different functions.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Communicates and works well with others.
- Ability to reconcile and analyze accounts.
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
TAX ANALYST I
1100 E WARRENVILLE RD, NAPERVILLE, IL, USA, 60563