Full Job Description
Prairie Seeds Academy is a K-12 public charter school located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Our teachers and staff work very hard to create and sustain a warm, safe and productive atmosphere for learning. We are committed to the pursuit of providing high-rigor academics along with encouraging our students to be global thinkers and learners. With today's diversity, we want our students to adapt successfully to change, be life-long learners, and care and understand others. We want our students to be prepared for the world so they can become a contributing member of society.
Vision Statement: Our PSA Community members are inspired global thinkers, who will understand the importance of inquiry, lifelong learning, intercultural awareness, respect, and adaptability as they become future leaders.
Mission Statement: Prairie Seeds Academy, in cooperation with families and community, provides leadership in rigorous education to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring citizens who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
CULTURE OF LEARNING
PSA believes that every scholar has the right to learn, be engaged, and grow in a healthy school environment.PSA must foster a culture of learning that embraces every scholar’s strengths to achieve optimal growth and learning.PSA strives to explore ways to strengthen our relationships with our scholars and their families.PSA is committed to building collaborative leadership at an effective capacity among staff, parents and scholars.This is accomplished by changing our behaviors and actions so we can better support our scholars and parents in achieving their academic goals.Employees coming to PSA must share, understand, and implement this culture of learning at all levels of the organization through consistency.By having consistency, we can shift not only the behaviors of our staff, but our students and parents will equally be engaged in the process.PSA seeks individuals who will optimistically and confidently abide by this culture of learning.
The core values that drive PSA’s culture of learning are:
· Aiming for High Academic Achievement
· Embracing Cultural Pride and Identity
· Modeling the Way
· Understanding How Data Drives Decisions
· Having High Expectations
· Creating a Social-Emotional Learning Environment
7:15am – 3:40pm, Monday through Friday, Position is temporary through the end of 19-20 school year
6200 W Broadway Ave North Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Under the direction of Thrive Education, a subsidiary of Hmong American Partnership (HAP), the Principal, and Educational Leaders, the classroom teacher isto create a flexible educational program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
· Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject manner.
· Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
· Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
· Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
· Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
· Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports & report cards.
· Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
· Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
· Hold a MN teaching license in the appropriate subject matter and age group
· Have at least 3 years of experience in an urban setting
· Be committed to professional growth and development
· Have knowledge of Gradual Release of Responsibilities (GRR) is a plus
· Have knowledge of Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS) is a plus
· Have knowledge of best practices, instructional strategies, classroom management and behavior management
· Serve as a role model for promoting effective instruction and professionalism
· Demonstrate respect for children, colleagues, parents and school leadership
· Believe in and support the vision and mission of PSA
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan